St. Mary’s Church, Woolpit and All Saints Church, Drinkstone
Statement of Safeguarding
Priest with Pastoral Charge: Rev. Ruth Farrell (01359) 242244
Parish safeguarding officer: Mrs. Astrid Gale (01449) 736081
This parish recognises that the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is paramount and that we have a duty of care when they are in our charge. We will do everything that we can to provide a safe and caring environment whilst they attend our activities.
- Treat all children, young people and vulnerable adults with respect and celebrate their achievements
- Recruit and select all those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults on our behalf in accordance with Diocesan Safer Recruitment procedures
- Provide a code of conduct for all staff to include the assessment of risk for key roles when working with children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Respond to concerns and allegations without delay in accordance with Diocesan Safeguarding procedures
When there is a disclosure of harm or there are concerns about the welfare of any children, young person or vulnerable adult, all adults in our church community are expected to share their concerns and allegations with the parish safeguarding officer or the parish priest. Any referrals should be made without delay to Suffolk County
Council Customer First – 0808 800 4005 (Freephone from landlines and some mobiles). If a child, young person or vulnerable adult is at risk of immediate harm, the police should be immediately informed – 999.
All allegations against staff or volunteers should be referred to Bishop’s Safeguarding Officer (01473 298522 or 07917 385843) by the parish priest. If the priest is implicated then the churchwarden should be informed and, following Diocesan procedures, inform the Diocesan Bishop (01473) 252829 without delay.
The parish safeguarding officer is responsible for:
- Helping to ensure that all those who work with children, young people or vulnerable adults on behalf of the parish or benefice are aware of the Diocesan Safeguarding procedures. These are available from the Diocesan safeguarding Administrator; 01473 298530, or online; www.stedmundsbury.anglican.org/go/safeguarding
- Helping to ensure that all those who work with children, young people or vulnerable adults receive diocesan safeguarding training to group 1 or group 2 standard, as appropriate.