- Church Mice. Meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month in St. Mary’s Church at 9:45 am and is an hour of bible based story, songs and craft. It is open to preschool children although siblings are warmly welcomed during school holidays. The children have to find the 6 Church Mice who regularly get themselves lost around the church. The session finishes with refreshments for children and adults.
Contact for Church Mice: Rev. Ruth Farrell – Tel: 01359 242244
- Men’s Supper. The Men’s Group meets on the third Thursday of the month at The Bull, Woolpit for dinner and a speaker. Topics range from WWII aeroplanes to Folk Music.
Contact for Men’s Suppers: Mr. Mike Birt – Tel: 01359 240611
- Pastoral Care Group. The Pastoral Care Group consists of a number of people who are available to visit, provide lifts for hospital appointments etc or in other ways provide support for people.
Contact: Mrs. Betty Curry – Tel: 01359 240332
- Messy Church. Messy Breakfast and Messy Church take place usually on the second Sunday of the month (please check service times to confirm) and takes pace in the Woolpit Institute, in the middle of the village. Messy Breakfast starts at 8:45am and is open to all. It is followed by Messy Church at 9:30am which has a bible based story, crafts and music and is for all the family. A small donation is requested to cover the cost of breakfast.
Contact for Messy Church: Mrs. Sue Birt – Tel: 01359 240611
- Choir. St. Mary’s has a robed choir that sings for most main services, for weddings and for special services. Choir practice is on Friday evenings at 6:00 pm in St. Mary’s Church.
Contact for choir: Mrs. Jo Brown – Tel: 01359 241129
- Woolpit Baby and Toddlers Group. Toddlers is a secular group but run by the church. It meets every Monday and Thursday morning, during term time, in Woolpit Village Hall from 9:30 until 11:30 am. Current cost: £2:00 for the first child and 50p for each extra child. First visit is free.
Contact for Toddlers: Rev. Ruth Farrell – Tel: 01359 242244
- JaM (Jesus and Me). JaM is a lunch club that runs in the school every Tuesday and incorporates crafts and a bible story. It is open to all children in the school
Contact for JaM: Rev. Ruth Farrell – Tel: 01359 242244
- Girls’ Churchyard Gardening Group
Usually the 1st Friday of the month we meet to do gardening tasks around the church yard – pruning roses and other shrubs, stripping ivy, cutting grass around the gravestones and other jobs that the mowers are unable to do. This is followed by lunch at the Swan. We meet at 11:00 am for gardening and lunch around 12:30 pm. When the weather is bad then we clean the brass in church but lunch is always the same!
Contact for Girls’ Gardening Group: Rev. Ruth Farrell – Tel: 01359 242244